Starting Fresh

Stay tuned for our relaunch fall 2015!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Pillowcase Challenge

Hey all you crafty gals out there...and perhaps some not-so-crafty ;) Will you join me in making pillowcases for cancer patients*??? I'm asking you to use your creative skills to bless others with your talent and love. I'd like to try to get 25 pillowcases by November 3o, 2010 (this is part of a 1 million pillowcase challenge). So do you know what that means? It means YOU need to help me! Don't check out just yet if you feel overwhelmed by having to be creative...here are some ideas to get those creative wheels amovin'!
  • make a pillow case from scratch (this is for those craft experts out there)
  • purchase a pillow case from the store and 'spruce it up' with your creative talents (ie, paint, stamp, draw, stitch, add whatever you'd like to make it unique.
  • purchase an already handmade pillowcase from my sister-in-law Summer who will be donating the pillowcases we receive for kids to St. Judes.
  • if you'd like, attach a note for the recipient, perhaps telling them why you decided to donate.
Send it to:


I'll be keeping a donation tracker of how many pillowcases that have been donated on the blog so check back often to see our progress!

*I will be donating the pillowcases to the Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center, located in Bakersfield California. I have chosen this particular facility because my mother, father, father-in-law, and myself have been patients there. My family has been blessed by the donations of others and now I would like to bless others. Any pillowcase received for a child will be donated to St. Judes Children's hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment